Enter D'Apps I'm using this site to gain competence with technologies that I intend to utilize in the classroom. My college is doing a pretty good job teaching traditional methods, however, I only have one instructional media class and I believe that 21st century students should learn with 21st century technology. When I begin my teaching career, I want to integrate technology starting on the first day, and the only way I'll be able to do that is to start practicing now. I'll use blogs in the classroom for communicating with parents and daily roving reporting by students. Students will also have the option to write on their own blog. Over the next couple of years I'll model how I'll use use blogging in the classroom on this site. Please check out my other sites concerning Handhelds and Podcasting.


Wednesday, February 01, 2006

 

New Handheld Video

I posted two new video clips which can be seen in Handheld Videos. The first concerns Dropairs, and the second is a history presentation I gave in December. This was my first class presentation using handhelds (so be kind!). I plan on using these videos for self-evaluation, improvement, and to demonstrate my commitment to using technology when I'm in a interview a couple of years from now.

Comments:
Hi Dale! I was excited to view your video, but it's not showing up in my browser at all. There's just a blank space with nothing to click.
 
Hi Tony,

Just wondering if you could see anything at all. I'm currently running the video in .wav format off the Windows Media Player. If I need to, I'll certainly switch the video from .wav to .mov and run quicktime like I have for the animations page. For some reason (probably because I really have no clue what I'm doing), the .avi files I created for the animations work with quicktime, but not for the .avi files I converted from .wav.

Right now, I've switched the settings so the screens are "clickable" and the video has worked for me on several windows based P.C's

Thanks for coming over to my site. The video isn't the greatest. I'm blogging with the content I have and not with the content I wish I had (a classroom).

Have a great one

Dale
 
Dale,

I looked at it on my PC and they look great. I didn't get any audio but wasn't sure if there was any.
I looked on my (shudder) brand new eMac and using Explorer (which I don't normally use on Macs anymore) and it did not even offer up a video window. Then I opened it up with Safari and I saw the window's I assume Tony was talking about with what looked like LEGO blocks in the middle as their icon.
Tony needs to use his Mac as a door stop and get with the rest of the world (wink). He knows how I feel about the Evil Apple Empire.
I used a Quicktime program knowing that Macs like Quicktime and PC's put up with it. I know you have the code for one, but I'll share what I rounded up with you if you want. I had to tweak it bit to get it to not autoplay when the page opened, as having the videos all start at once can be annoying on my page!
 
Well, I though I had every switched over to quicktime but now Explorer is giving me error messages and shutting down. Handheld Animations isn't giving me any trouble, just Handheld Video.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogItemCreate$>


Links to this post:
<$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>



<< Home