Monday, January 29, 2007
New App: SequenceM and Video
*collection of 20+ premade sequences-Download Here
*evaluation check button
*create new sequence
*export to memo
Although I messed up the aspect ratio again, here is a video for some basic usage. If you are unable to view the video off my site his is the YouTube Link.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Thursday, January 11, 2007
DD Multiplication (which has record keeping, IR Printing, and Export to Memo Capabilities)
qNp MATH (which has record keeping, IR Printing, and Export to Memo Capabilities)
Over the summer I plan to add record keeping and IR printing capabilities to Change Counter, Addition, Subtraction, and others. This may involve a complete rewrite of apps like Addition and Subtraction to increase speed using strategies I learned after I had completed them.
A note on IR Printing: I'm using Palm Print software and an Actisys IR100MP print adapter. I'm looking at trying to develop my own IR printing run but so far that's way beyond my capabilities. It involves using Ir COMM programming and then interfacing it with your app and the different IR printers and Adapters. I'm pretty much at the bottom of steep mountain and looking up. Palm Print is fairly expensive. I believe one possibility for using it in the classroom and keeping the cost down is to created a relay procedure.
1. Students create record on their handheld.
2. Student beams record from their to a dedicated printer handheld.
3. Student beams record on the dedicated printer handheld
This one is definitely sidebar worthy.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
The Beaming Issues......
1-10-07 Subtraction has been updated. (please note that downloads for previous versions are being deleted.)
Today's new additions are the Change Counter Application which has had a level 3 Apply added to it and the new qNp MATH. The new scenario for Change Counter was requested in the LearninginHand forums over a year ago. qNp MATH is a basic math quizzer that allows for record keeping and IR Printing. I've been using this app tutoring in my daughter school. Kids love IR Printing.
I'll try to do an update a day, but this month will be particulary busy for me because of a double-paced class and the February 1st due-date of my portfolio and application for Student Teaching in the fall.
Friday, January 05, 2007
Here is the download for the application: Double Digit Multiplication Application .
Click on the highligted text to view the Video located on PUTFILE.com for the Double Digit Multiplication application if you are unable to veiw the video in the brower.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
5 Things Response
Anyways, here are mine.
1. My father was in the military and as I result I went to 13 different elementary schools in Virginia, Germany, and Michigan before I was in the 4th grade.
2. I was a blacksmith for 11 years, starting out at the ripe old age of 14.
3. After starting out studying architecture, I eventually wound up with a degree in Political Science
4. I've been a hopeless C-Span junkie for a very long time.
5. Like Tony, I have a fantastic 11 year old cat named Tucker. My wife and I got the name from the 90's song Tucker's Town by Hootie and the Blowfish.