Enter D'Apps I'm using this site to gain competence with technologies that I intend to utilize in the classroom. My college is doing a pretty good job teaching traditional methods, however, I only have one instructional media class and I believe that 21st century students should learn with 21st century technology. When I begin my teaching career, I want to integrate technology starting on the first day, and the only way I'll be able to do that is to start practicing now. I'll use blogs in the classroom for communicating with parents and daily roving reporting by students. Students will also have the option to write on their own blog. Over the next couple of years I'll model how I'll use use blogging in the classroom on this site. Please check out my other sites concerning Handhelds and Podcasting.


Sunday, April 02, 2006

 

Classes starting tomorrow

Well, The spring term starts tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to the three classes (Instructional Technology, Science Foundations, and Principles of Reading Instruction) I have this term. Instructional Technology will be fun although it suffers because its taught like most other technology classes are taught; in its own separate box with little or no connection to work done outside the technology lab. In a lab scenario, technology is nothing more than an add-on, and I view this as ineffective and unrealistic way to present technology to students. In the real world, people utilize technology seamlessly to complete all sorts of daily tasks, and students should have the opportunity to utilize technology throughout the curriculum the same way its being used by society.

I hope we will utilize classroom blogs, student blogs, RSS, podcasting, and handhelds in this class. I certainly will be vocal about my opinions. I going to suggest (and I'll do the technical stuff) we put together a KWL podcast and a series of student blogs for each session.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogItemCreate$>


Links to this post:
<$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>



<< Home