Enter D'Apps I'm using this site to gain competence with technologies that I intend to utilize in the classroom. My college is doing a pretty good job teaching traditional methods, however, I only have one instructional media class and I believe that 21st century students should learn with 21st century technology. When I begin my teaching career, I want to integrate technology starting on the first day, and the only way I'll be able to do that is to start practicing now. I'll use blogs in the classroom for communicating with parents and daily roving reporting by students. Students will also have the option to write on their own blog. Over the next couple of years I'll model how I'll use use blogging in the classroom on this site. Please check out my other sites concerning Handhelds and Podcasting.


Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

ChangeCounter and ABC Vocab

This Change Counter is the latest download and is the same that I linked in the LearninginHand Forum. The application features an "Explore" section and 2 "Apply" sections. Change Counter runs Color OS 5 handhelds. I'm keeping the link to the less-featured version active for those not running OS 5 handhelds. Here is the download and screen shots.

Change Counter




ABC Vocab was created after reading a post about JotLog in Lynn Larry's blog. I wanted to create an application with the same basic functions as JotLog, but was more suited to the needs of an elementary classroom. ABC Vocab runs fine on the E2 as well as older non-color palms. I've transfered records from a Palm 500 to the E2 with no problem.

ABC Vocab



I hope to get some feedback on what should be done to improve these applications for classroom use. Some of the plans I have are:

Create a combined SpaceAge and SpaceWeight program for the planets of our solar system. I'll include a Planet Generator that produces random variables of Size, Rings, Moons, composition (the students age and weight) etc. which the students could interpret through art.

Add the designs I've created to the Achievement program.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogItemCreate$>


Links to this post:
<$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>



<< Home