Enter D'Apps I'm using this site to gain competence with technologies that I intend to utilize in the classroom. My college is doing a pretty good job teaching traditional methods, however, I only have one instructional media class and I believe that 21st century students should learn with 21st century technology. When I begin my teaching career, I want to integrate technology starting on the first day, and the only way I'll be able to do that is to start practicing now. I'll use blogs in the classroom for communicating with parents and daily roving reporting by students. Students will also have the option to write on their own blog. Over the next couple of years I'll model how I'll use use blogging in the classroom on this site. Please check out my other sites concerning Handhelds and Podcasting.


Tuesday, December 05, 2006

 

Rounding

Well, here is the Rounding Application. The main page features a "Beam Application" that beams the application's installer to other users. I did this to prevent "Lib not found" messages from showing up on a bunch of handhelds (just when the superintendent is surveying your handheld program). The installer can be deleted at any time to save memory.

This application also randomly selects between 5 correct messages. The 5th graders who used this program as review loved it (it really generated a fantastic healthy buzz), and it seems to me to be an opportunity to do some graphing and statisical analysis. My future apps are going to have 7 to 10 correct answer messages that are weighted. One message will be common while one will have a 1 in a 100 chance of occuring. Everything else will fall in between. The kids can tally their answers and then analyze the results (find the patterns).


I really want to put messages like "Receiving Instant Message" that switches to "U R Gr8t" in the applications. I know I already have one "no" vote on the rationalle that the slang will show up everywhere. If anybody has any opinions on that let me know. I have some really cool "wrong answer" messages that I won't use.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogItemCreate$>


Links to this post:
<$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>



<< Home