Enter D'Apps I'm using this site to gain competence with technologies that I intend to utilize in the classroom. My college is doing a pretty good job teaching traditional methods, however, I only have one instructional media class and I believe that 21st century students should learn with 21st century technology. When I begin my teaching career, I want to integrate technology starting on the first day, and the only way I'll be able to do that is to start practicing now. I'll use blogs in the classroom for communicating with parents and daily roving reporting by students. Students will also have the option to write on their own blog. Over the next couple of years I'll model how I'll use use blogging in the classroom on this site. Please check out my other sites concerning Handhelds and Podcasting.


Thursday, January 11, 2007

 

Addition Update

The list of apps that have the installer added help prevent beaming problems is:

Change Counter
Jumble
DD Multiplication (which has record keeping, IR Printing, and Export to Memo Capabilities)
Rounding
Subtraction
qNp MATH (which has record keeping, IR Printing, and Export to Memo Capabilities)
Addition

Over the summer I plan to add record keeping and IR printing capabilities to Change Counter, Addition, Subtraction, and others. This may involve a complete rewrite of apps like Addition and Subtraction to increase speed using strategies I learned after I had completed them.

A note on IR Printing: I'm using Palm Print software and an Actisys IR100MP print adapter. I'm looking at trying to develop my own IR printing run but so far that's way beyond my capabilities. It involves using Ir COMM programming and then interfacing it with your app and the different IR printers and Adapters. I'm pretty much at the bottom of steep mountain and looking up. Palm Print is fairly expensive. I believe one possibility for using it in the classroom and keeping the cost down is to created a relay procedure.

Relay Procedure:
1. Students create record on their handheld.
2. Student beams record from their to a dedicated printer handheld.
3. Student beams record on the dedicated printer handheld

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogItemCreate$>


Links to this post:
<$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>



<< Home