Enter D'Apps I'm using this site to gain competence with technologies that I intend to utilize in the classroom. My college is doing a pretty good job teaching traditional methods, however, I only have one instructional media class and I believe that 21st century students should learn with 21st century technology. When I begin my teaching career, I want to integrate technology starting on the first day, and the only way I'll be able to do that is to start practicing now. I'll use blogs in the classroom for communicating with parents and daily roving reporting by students. Students will also have the option to write on their own blog. Over the next couple of years I'll model how I'll use use blogging in the classroom on this site. Please check out my other sites concerning Handhelds and Podcasting.


Thursday, March 29, 2007

 

Google Docs and Spreadsheets

Pretty big week in on-line tools for me so far. First there was TeacherTube and now Google Docs and Spreadsheets (I refuse to link to Google stuff: you know how to find it ;-) ).

Google Docs has been around for a while, but its new to me. Its a fairly standard WYSIWYG doc editor, however, its on-line and multiple users in multiple locations can collaborate simultaneously on a document.

Sort-of gives me goosebumps and I know exactly how I want to use this Web2.0 tool in my classroom.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogItemCreate$>


Links to this post:
<$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>



<< Home